Follow our water saving tips to reduce your water bill
Reduce Waters Bills by Fixing Leaking Taps
- Turn off the tap when brushing your teeth, save around 580 glasses of water per week
- A great way to reduce your water usage is to re-use bath & shower water, collect the cold water in a bucket and give it to your plants!
- Time your showers, keep them to 3 minutes, save at least 9 litres per minute for each person in your home.
- Leaking toilets can waste up to 16,000 litres of water per year! A simple way to check if your toilet is leaking: add food colouring in the cistern and wait 15 minutes, if the colouring appears in the bowl without flushing, the cistern is leaking and needs attention!
- Dripping taps…… drip away around 14,000 litres a year. Update and replace your taps or have your taps serviced by a licenced plumber
- Only use the washing machine when you have a full load, also use cold water to reduce energy consumption.
- When updating your dishwasher look for one with at least a 3 star rating, this can use up to 44% less water